Monday 4 June 2012

Alumapalooza 2012, Jackson Center, OHIO

     WE are back! and have strong and steady internet connectivity again....AND I just came back from the Mac store where I purchased a Time Capsule (half big time router/half 2 terrabyte backup system and storage) Yeehaw!
I also bought our kids a Logitech webcam because we missed our little grandson (and them) LIKE CRAZY!!!
      Alumapalooza is a must do and we will definitely be visiting their website to book next year's rally as soon as it's up.  Besides the constant visual thrill of living on a field with so many silver trailers shining in the (mostly) sunshine, we were right at the Airstream factory, did the tour twice and we met so many great people worth keeping in touch with that we had to take notes.

       Even the torrential downpour one day and night (okay, and morning) didn't dampen anyone's spirits; although it crammed all our activities into one day so we missed a few. Still, it was a fun-filled 5 days that seemed like a week and a half and we have come back with our hearts full and happiness to be in our own home, if only for a few days. (We are off to California on the 8th as soon as we get Rick officially retired from Toronto Police Services)





     There were so many things to do and see that I felt like I was back living in NYC. You could just walk around and meet friendly people, or see vintage Airstreams and every day at happy hour, there were door prizes given away (we won a limited edition large Airstream Trailers magnetic decal) One day there was a backup derby (with a squirrely mini u-haul trailer) a rivetmaster competition, cooking classes and GREAT seminars.


    The highlight for me personally, though, was seeing Antsy Mclain perform. I love his song, "Livin' in Aluminum" but was delighted at his amazing wit and clever sense of humour, between and in the lyrics of his repertoire. I couldn't BELIEVE how prolific he is and was overwhelmed at how many albums there are to enjoy. Think I'll start with his newest, coming out next week. I'm going to purchase often HERE until I have the whole set! Check him out at www.unhitched.com or in the YouTube video below with the Trailer Park Troubadors.
    The whole tone of the Alumapalooza event matched his music and has left me feeling so uplifted and commited to the Aluminum rule, on the road and in my life, "Enjoy the Ride".  
     

If you want to see more pics, there's a complete set at HeirsDreamTravel on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment