Monday 12 August 2013

Clearing the Land

     The best laugh is that hubby and I thought we'd do this ourselves! After 4 days, 2 experienced "bushmen" with a backhoe, a 3/4 ton and a 20 foot long trailer, we are still not THERE yet!



Here's Hubs doin' manly things....with his mini-chainsaw, brand spanking new, that was intermittently starting and intermittently quitting and the chain popped off. I thought he looked great in the wife beater I bought him for the event, though. :-)






I'm determined to keep and maintain the shoreline native plants and hope to reduce the Zebra Mussel infestation in future but in the meantime I also had to plant SOMEthing. Seemed funny to plant in the middle of this construction(destruction?) site but I couldn't wait to get my Hercules vines into the ground.

 



This is the current shore line. I think these are Morning Glory? I'll figure it out. I'm constantly asking anyone I meet down there: "What's this called?"



....But this? this is what I call our "Stairway to Heaven"


No comments:

Post a Comment